The Position: Project Manager West Village GC LLC
To apply for this position, click here.
$60 - $90k plus bonus up to 15% of base.
Why West Village GC? West Village GC is becoming the most highly regarded High-End General Contractor in New York City and we believe that building is an exciting and rewarding endeavor. West Village GC has been featured in national magazines and newspapers such as the New York Times, TimeOut, Luxe Magazine, Robb Report, KK Magazine and Elle Décor.
We have achieve this through constant adherence to our Core Values, processes, discipline and structure, striving to ensure that every experience is impeccable for our clients and highly rewarding for each team member.
We offer a comfortable environment where learning, accountability, teamwork, communication and attention to detail are highly valued.
We are seeking a project manager that loves to be on top of a project, enjoys the organization, documentation, communication, diplomacy and negotiation involved with running a smoothly executed construction project.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent organizational skills, strong knowledge of construction practices, documentation, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, Microsoft Excel, and 4+ years high end construction project management experience.
If you want to be part of an intimate, supportive and highly functioning team that has not been late on a project for over two and a half years, with clear lines of communication, a companywide commitment to excellence and a 30% year on year growth rate we are looking for you.
West Village GC is built on our Core Values!
West Village GC’s culture is the foundation of our business and our culture is based on our 5 Core Values. Our Core Values don’t stop at the end of the work day or week. They surround our lives and guide how we conduct ourselves both inside and outside of the business environment.
- Do It Once
Plan ahead, do it once and get it right. Accuracy is everything.
- Be Accountable
Own the outcome of your actions, choices and thinking.
Speak up! Be candid even when it’s difficult. Communicate in more detail and more frequently than anyone expects.
- Always be learning
Be open-minded, encourage new ideas from your team and pursue both personal and professional development. Read!
Care about yourself, your team and our clients. Care about every detail.
Our high growth rate reflects a company-wide entrepreneurial attitude, innovative problem solving, organizational excellence, team focus and processes. We pride ourselves on our culture and a “team first” mentality and we believe that understanding and maintaining boundaries strengthens the relationships we have with sub-contractors, architectural/design teams and our clients.
West Village GC has clear mission: to be the most highly regarded construction team in NYC.
If this speaks to you and you would like to become an active participant within a dynamic, rewarding and progressive team; please contact us by email. We would like to meet you!
Project Management Job Functions:
You are air traffic control.
You are accountable for creating the job rhythm and managing the smooth running, scheduling, communication and coordination of all aspects of your projects.
Maintain a constant and open dialogue with the Financial Controller:
- Client billing is up to date and funds are available from your project for large purchases.
- Sub-contractors are paid on time: You certify that work is 100% accurate, quality control checked/approved by the architectural/design team and your West Village GC Site Super.
- C/O log is 100% current so accurate invoices can be sent out.
- Client Budget Tracker is 100% current.
Coordinate documentation between Architect and the Site:
- Deeply understand the bids, specifications and plans for your project.
- Track and document changes to project scope:
- Generate and track RFI’s, Submittals, AWO’s.
- Update Site Super on scheduling, deliveries, lead times, dependencies and all specification and plan changes as they occur.
- Weekly Timeline and Budget update for Architect and Site Super.
- Negotiate with sub-contractors to improve pricing and maintain budget.
- Work with Site Super to schedule sub-contractors.
- You are accountable for all purchases arriving on site on time as per the project time line and understanding their dependencies.
- Negotiate with vendors
- Negotiate with sub-contractors
- Alert all parties to changes in schedule or important dependencies
- Constantly develop and improve processes.
- All insurance documents up to date and filed correctly for your projects.
- All sub-contractor agreements up to date and filed correctly for your projects.
- Create, coordinate and manage site meeting agendas and minutes.
- Create, coordinate and manage Site Binder and closeout binder for each job.
- Maintain timeline for each project and provide updates to architect.
- Create, coordinate and manage delay log for each project.
- Create, coordinate and manage Photo log for weekly client distribution.
- Create, coordinate and manage the Trade Payment Forecast for each job.
- Communicate and cross reference with the Financial Controller.
- Order and track all component materials for job completion.
- Crosscheck all pricing and specification prior to ordering with the jobs Bid Set Specification and the Contract Bid. Alert estimating to any discrepancies.
- Account for long lead items when developing your ordering schedule and alert your team of impact to timeline and dependencies.
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- On time
- Able to understand and analyze drawings
- Create take-offs to determine materials required and details of work to be performed based upon architect/designer specifications
- Good spatial awareness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook
- Excels in team environment
- Able to leave ego at the door
- Confidence and diplomacy in managing clients, designers and architects expectations
- Ability to relay information clearly and concisely to the Site Super
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work within timelines and deal with unexpected situations calmly and effectively
- Ability to get along with all kinds of people
- Evangelist for our Core Values
- Do it once
- Be accountable
- Over communicate
- Always be learning