TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM:
$90 – $120k plus a discretionary bonus and full healthcare, 1% of any project we win from any introduction you make.
Why West Village GC? West Village GC is one of the most highly regarded High-End General Contractors in New York City and we believe that building is an exciting and rewarding endeavor. West Village GC is regularly featured in national publications such as the New York Times, TimeOut, Luxe Magazine, Robb Report, KK Magazine and Elle Décor.
We achieve this through constant adherence to our Core Values, processes, discipline and structure, striving to ensure that every experience is impeccable for our clients and highly rewarding for each team member.
We offer a comfortable environment where learning, accountability, teamwork, communication and attention to detail are highly valued.
If you want to be part of an intimate, supportive and highly functioning team that is not late on projects, with clear lines of communication, a companywide commitment to excellence and a 30% year on year growth rate we are looking for you.
West Village GC is built on our Core Values!
West Village GC’s culture is the foundation of our business and our culture is based on our 5 Core Values. Our Core Values don’t stop at the end of the work day or week. They surround our lives and guide how we conduct ourselves both inside and outside of the business environment.
Do It Once
Plan ahead, do it once and get it right. Accuracy is everything.
Own the outcome of your actions, choices and thinking.
Speak up! Be candid even when it’s difficult. Communicate in more detail and more
frequently than anyone expects.
Always be learning
Be open-minded, encourage new ideas from your team and pursue both personal and professional development. Read! Leaders are readers.
Care about yourself, your team and our clients. Care about every detail.
Our high growth rate reflects a company-wide entrepreneurial attitude, innovative problem solving, organizational excellence, team focus and processes. We pride ourselves on our culture and a “team first” mentality and we believe that understanding and maintaining boundaries strengthens the relationships we have with sub-contractors, architectural/design teams and our clients.
PROJECT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are seeking a Project Manager that loves to be on top of a project, enjoys the accuracy, organization, communication, diplomacy, and negotiation involved in running a smoothly executed construction project.
You will be accountable for creating the job rhythm and managing the smooth running, scheduling, communication and coordination of all aspects of your projects. You will be leading a team of exceptional APM’s and you will be thinking about things at a higher level.
Maintain a constant and open dialogue with our Site Supervisors, Financial Controller, Architectural/Design teams and clients.
- Negotiate to improve pricing and maintain budgets with vendors and subcontractors.
- Work with Site Supers to structure subcontractor and material delivery schedules and dependencies.
- You are accountable for all purchases arriving on site on time as per the project timeline and understanding all dependencies.
- Alert all parties to changes in schedule or important dependencies.
- Financing – Client billing is up to date and funds are available from your project for large purchases.
- Subcontractors are paid on time: You certify to finance that work is 100% accurate, quality control checked/approved by the architectural/design team and your West Village GC Site Supervisors.
- C/O log is 100% current so accurate invoices can be sent out.
- Client Budget Tracker is 100% current.
- Deeply understand the bids, specifications, and plans for your projects.
- Track and have APM’s document changes to project scope, RFI’s, submittals and AWO’s.
- Weekly Timeline and Budget update for Architect and Site Super.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Microsoft Excel
- 5+ years high-end construction project management experience
- Excellent communication a must
- Exceptional prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of construction practices preferably from field experience
- Robust list of first-rate subcontractor and architectural/design relationships in New York City
To apply for this position you must fill out the form listed at the link below – This is MANDATORY: