Insurance Claims

With over 20 years of experience dealing with insurance claims in Manhattan, West Village General Contracting has become a sought-after expert.    Time is of the essence when your home has flooded, and there is a sequence to protecting your interests and handling your claim efficiently. We have created a process to restore your home in the shortest amount of time while minimizing headaches and expenses.      You have one opportunity to get it right.     Unfortunately, many …

Insurance Claims Read More »

CONSTRUCTION PRICE INCREASE IN NYC?

New York, San Francisco and Hong Kong are the world’s most expensive cities to build in, according to the latest International Construction Cost Comparison published by Arcadis! Or so we were told in 2019.  It just got a whole lot more expensive – here’s why.   Additional building hygiene and social distancing rules, elevator capacity regulations of 4 people, site sanitization twice daily, personnel logs, 14 day quarantine, container shortages, factory shutdowns, reductions in the customs clearing workforce in NJ and a …

CONSTRUCTION PRICE INCREASE IN NYC? Read More »

WHAT ARE GENERAL CONDITIONS AND WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY THEM?

Understanding The Necessity of General Conditions When hiring a General Contractor (GC) for a remodeling project, it’s generally understood that you’ll be paying for materials, labor, and subcontractors. You might be surprised, confused, or even upset about another line item in your estimate: General Conditions. Billed at 12% of a project’s total cost, General Conditions can be a significant charge. When you add 3% for insurance and 15% for Profit & Overhead (P&O), the cumulative …

WHAT ARE GENERAL CONDITIONS AND WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY THEM? Read More »